Friday, May 28, 2010

Vignettes --I looked it up, they're what I thought they were

The following are just comments I made on that I would like to remember.


Mar 13 - Made homemade whole wheat spaghetti tonight with my Dad

It was the best spaghetti EVER and prompted me to buy a pasta maker. This turned out to be a fiasco since the item arrived from eBay sans crank. After 4 weeks of the seller's attempt to make it better, it resulted in a refund. So I am still on the hunt.

Mar 15 - "O, death, where is thy sting?"

Same weekend that I had the best spaghetti of my life, I woke up Monday morning with the worst case of the flu I have ever encountered. I didn't hardly move for 3 days. I was miserable to say the least. My dad says this when he camps. I think it's appropriate to be used in cases where you think you are not going to make it to the next sunrise. Thankfully, I did.

Mar 23 - Loves Trader Joe's "mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups"!!!

My wonderful sister in-law Michelle is they one I hold responsible for my new addiction to this tasty treat. She gave me some and I tried to ration it a month...I made it a week. My cousin Susie offered to get me some more a few weeks later when she went to CA. She got me three. They, too, were gone in a week. I need help.


Mar 31 - I like a little apple with my peanut butter :)

See? I don't have to have the unhealthiest form of PB. I can make my apples fattening too! Haha.

Apr 6 Who doesn't like a good snog? Isn't that right, Harry?

I think I'll leave this one "as is":)


Apr 6 - Conflict is where the car in front of you has a NY Yankee sticker in one corner AND a University of Utah in the other. Do I like them or do I not? Thankfully, the Jazz sticker by the breaklight broke the tie. I like them, but they have poor taste in sticker placement.

I am definitely a NY Yankee fan. And a Jazz fan. Not a Ute fan.


In the past, on April 15th, I would write "I hate taxes!" on every check I wrote--including the one to the IRS. This year, I actually got a refund, so I'm not feeling the same animosity. YAY!

It was a great feeling paying off some debt and saving for my new Bosch mixer with tax refund money. Much better than seeing that amount come OUT of your checking account--convenient as it is.


Apr 18 -Hard to beat a weekend with family, picnics, and gorgeous weather. I even got my first sunburn of the season. Love it!

This was another full weekend. On the 17th we had our NCAA March Madness "Steady Boy Steady" dinner. Then Saturday, we moved our Easter picnic to this weekend. It was so great to be able to go down to the creek and roast hotdogs, roll our Easter eggs, and hang out with family. This was ONE weekend where it didn't rain...so you gotta love that!

No comments: