Saturday, May 15, 2010

January...start the year off fine...February, you're my little Valentine..


Well, I haven't blogged in MONTHS! So, in an effort to catch up on what's going on in my life (journal style), I have decided to back-track a bit--shout out to my facebook for the assistance in remembering what has happened the last few months.
January 20th -my niece Cailin Celine Mumford was born. Her arrival was a huge relief as Cassi had been struggling with kidney stones and had been hospitalized a few days before Cailin was born. And Cailin actually had to stay in NICU for a bit for her oxygen levels and eating levels to be ok. We are so happy she's here!!!
I got to meet her on February 6th - I wrote on FB "My new niece is a BEAUTY!! She looks like a little mini-Alexa Jo. (her sister). Loved spending time with them today. :) Good times!"

February 1 brings a big deadline at work. So I was putting in lots of hours and on Feb 2 I listed my status as "I'm finally home! Huge accident Orem NB I-15 tonight. It must be too much to ask to have a smooth ride home when leaving the office at 9 o'clock PM. After that selfish thought...I hope no one was seriously injured. Although given the amount of cars in that accident..that is unlikely too."
Note to self - don't use Redbox Free First Monday code in February, since it's a busy time of year and I must have forgotten to take a redbox movie back, because on Feb 3 I wrote "[Missy] Hates it when the "Redbox free code Monday" becomes the "You owe a $1.07 Wednesday"!"
February brings Valentines Day. I received flowers from someone named Tim. I only knew one guy named Tim, who said he wanted to marry me, so I assumed they were from him. However, he denied sending them, and so I have no idea who sent them to me. The note said "Nothing compares to your beauty, cutie." (something he would totally say, too) Anyway...thanks to whoever really did send them. Actually, they came via mail, and the company sent two. So I hope they didn't get charged twice.
May 15th -Editors note...Tim is no longer in the picture....and I'm ok with that.

On Feb 12, my FB status stated "Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him...wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her"...." --I know this guy is not a myth, as some of my friends are married to this kind of man...but he sure seems to be elusive.

My dad is this kind of man..and he turned 60 Feb 16th. My mom planned a surprise birthday party for him and he was SOOOO shocked! It was fun to see him walk in the door and have a genuine "WHAT IS THIS!!!?!?!?!?" look on his face. I love you Dad!

My cousin Melanie married a good guy on Feb 20th in the Logan temple. She looked beautiful and I need to remind her to send me a picture so I can put it in here. But for now...this will have to do:


My friend Amy's 40th birthday was Feb 25th. Her friends planned a fun surprise birthday party for the 27th and I was tasked with getting her there. I had a TON of anxiety about this! haha - I didn't want to mess it up! So her niece Fumiko helped me and we had a fantastic night. That day was soooo much fun because I went to a BYU basketball game with Baa, Lissa, and Marianne. (Aiden and Camden Waite joined us for the game too!) BYU lost, but we always have the best time when we are together. My FB status..."80 points are great! They give us chocolate cake! Then I had chocolate cake at Amy's Surprise birthday party! THEN AGAIN at her house! And no, I'm not chocolate caked out at all. :) Great
day! (Even if BYU did lose.) (The 80 points was from the game, if BYU got 80 points, Magleby's Fresh gave away free chocolate cake...and they have AMAZING chocolate cake.)

I was gone nearly every weekend in February. I love my family!!

3 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

I love the updates! Thank goodness for Facebook :)

Lissa said...

Loving the editors note:) You're so funny. I felt honored to be mentioned in your blog. Like a celebrity! Miss you, hope you're doing well.

Kristin Jones said...

What an update, Missy! Miss you!