Monday, May 17, 2010

March and April --In like a lion, out like a ....lion

I've been able to go through the next few months and find "trends" in my FB posts. I’ll break it up, since it’s very long...


Weather - As the caption of this blog post states, the weather influenced a lot of my facebook status. It rained, and rained, then we had a few good days, then it would rain or worse…SNOW! On April 29th I was glad for a warm house. This weather has been so frustrating! (That “trend” has not stopped even at this writing date of May 29th. But more on that later:))

TV
I was watching TV one night and I usually skip through the commercials, but on caught my eye on supporting your Vet. I had a blonde moment (no offense to blondes) and put this on my FB status: Mar 16 – “FYI, SupportYourVet.org is a website to support our wonderful Veterans of our Armed Forces, not support of your veterinarian. Sorry Linc. I feel so foolish.”

There's a show on TV that makes me laugh. It is about a community college and a study group that has gotten close to each other. It kind of reminds me of my awesome group in grad school and the various dynamics that each relationship has. Now there's not a lot of comparison to the actual character, but that's why I like to watch it. One episode caught me a little off guard, when a guy I thought was a wimpy, geeky, nerd --but in a pool competition, he had deltoids and laterals and triceps...after having watched that part ten times I wrote on FB "Wow Joel McHale/Jeff Winger. Who knew?"

And finally on my TV trend, on Apr 22nd I wrote “Loves it when I see places I've been on TV shows I watch. Makes me feel so cool. :)” This after I had been watching House Hunters International and they were in the exact area of Barcelona where my brother Brad and Cassi lived. And then again on In Plain Sight when they were filming in Old Town in Albuquerque…the same place I stayed when I was down there for a conference last year. This is a perk of travelling, since it’s rare anyone is filming in Cottonwood Heights, UT.


BABIES!
Babies were another trend that I commented on a few times during these couple of months. My friends Coralie and Justin Stokes had their 2nd baby, a girl on March 10th. They named her Bailey. That is a cute name.
My new niece was born on May 3rd. We didn’t know the gender and I’ll be honest…that made it even mo
re exciting when Linc called and told me it was a girl!!! I was so happy, I cried. She’s soooo cute!!! And her name (after a nearly a month of deliberation is Anslea McNeil Mumford. I LOVE the name and am so happy she has arrived safely. Her two older brothers are all ready to protect “Lil Sis”.





No comments: