Sunday, January 4, 2009

To Resolve or not to resolve...that is the question


Sooooo, it's that time of year again. The New Year. A time when you can reflect on the past year and make the same mistakes...I mean, improve, make changes, be a better person. Many critics say that resolutions just make one discouraged and don't really change much of anything. I look at last years list and considering the obstacles 2008 presented, I did pretty good. I had financial, spiritual, mental, professional, and health goals. And it looks like this year I will have the same. :)

I already started off this year better as I didn't start it off saying "2008 will be my year of health"...well, if that means "I will be spending more time at the doctor" then alas, that was my year of health. :(

So, no declarations, no shout outs, no tempting The Fates. Just a pledge to myself that I will make my world a better place by increasing my random acts of kindness, I will make me better by saving, exercising, reading, and improving relationships/friendships. I will cook more and eat out less and recycle more. I will dance like no one is watching and sing like no one is listening. This does not mean that I won't buy impulsively, go to a movie instead of the gym, opt for TV over a book, and grab takeout on the way home from work..but I will do it less than I did this year, and that's where you have to start.

2 comments:

Baaster said...

Amen sister! Wonderful post, I hope our 2009 is better in many respects. It was fun to spend some time with you over the break. Have a great 2009! We love you here.

Trent said...

Can I just have your resolutions so I don't have to come up with my own?