Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I'll admit my bias up front. I love classic trends --not so much into the trendy, flash-in-the-pan type fashion, however. So that may explain why I'm cringing at the information found on this website: http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/makeup-skin-care-hair/staticslideshowlucky.aspx?cp-documentid=16638103&gt1=32002 Entitled "The Next Big Things of '09". It's an article on what are the upcoming fashion trends for this year. Sufficeth to say...I am not amused.
Exhibit 1:
Yes, this is supposedly going to be the "it" thing to wear. Mechanics all over the world are rejoicing that Gisele will be sporting what they wear everyday. (This is not meant to bash on mechanics and their attire --it's very functional for them as they use it for coveralls.)
The website says that the fashion experts had some doubts, but "Style it a bit loosely (legs and arms cuffed a little) and cinch it at the waist. Add low heels or ankle boots to contrast with the loose pant legs, and open the collar to expose your collarbone. A cuff bracelet finishes it off with a touch of softness." uhhhhhh, NOPE! Still doesn't work for me!


Exhibit 2:
This is supposed to pay an updated homage to the flapper-era. If I were the flapper-era....I would be really, really mad! This "dress" retails for $239. I say your money would be better spent on a roundtrip ticket to reality. 1 point for creative, 10 points for ugly. UGLY WINS!
Not all the fashion items were this bad, but I think it's a good thing I'm not buying clothes as much this year (it's a weight loss year --just using what's in my closet, for the most part.) Like I said, I'm thankful for the classic trends that never seem to go out of style. Oh yeah, I'll turn those heads yet. ;)




2 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm with you Moff. When my sister heard tapered jeans were coming back in and knowing how trendy I am she accused me of wearing them once they were popular again. I told her I never would, and have stayed true. I'm more for classic looks and using trendy accessories if I feel I need an updated look. We'll stay classic together:)

Kimi D said...

I confess, I'd totally wear the jumpsuit...i actually tried to bring it in in 8th grade...lime green with black polka dots...i wish i was lying.