Monday, January 19, 2009

Let the haze begin...And I don't ski :(

Ick! It's like we live in Los Angeles (no offense, Marc) --Every year our air quality goes from "OK" to "Toxic" (slight exaggeration) and January seems to be the month that we are affected the most. I'm already not a big fan of January. I hate that Christmas is over and that winter is still here. The mountains are the only place to escape this pea-soup junk...and I don't ski.
So, in an effort to look on the positive, I will list things I like about January.
1) We observe Martin Luther King Jr Day. FKA Human or Civil Rights Day. Of course this is a day off from work for me, but I love that we pay tribute to this man and others who have stayed the cause of human rights in our nation.
2) The gyms are busy. Granted, this is also a source of my frustration. I have a bike and an eliptical glider and a treadmill that I really like, along with 200 other people it seems. But it does my heart good to see so many taking their health seriously. (I wish that could be considered cardio. :)) I know, I know, I need to hope this is still an issue in November. But I don't think it will even make it to February. haha
3)There are a lot of birthdays in my family this month. Brad, Mur, Melynn, Sachi, Hollie, Sara, Lissa, and Mackiah--HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you all!

There's a lot of excitement with the Inauguration happening tomorrow. President-elect Obama will drop the "elect" from his title as he is sworn in on the steps of the Capitol. He has a bit of a mess on his hands...from stabalizing the economy to fixing the broken BCS...it's not going to be an easy go. He's got a lot of people to please and having served as presidents of many different organziations..it's not possible to please everyone. I am reminded that he can't do it alone. I have to do my part to make our country better. I do not agree with all his policies and ideas, but I will pledge my support him and that office. Best wishes President Obama...my prayers are with you! :)

1 comment:

Baaster said...

Thanks for mentioning that broken BCS that needs fixing...you really are in touch Toff! Love the blog!