Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Facebook won :(

Sooo, my brother got married a couple weeks ago and finally came in to my office to see me after the nuptials and ensuing honeymoon hulabaloo calmed down. He didn't just come into my office, though - he came in dangling a proverbial carrot. The "carrot" were pictures of the wedding that were posted on his facebook account. And the only way I could see them was if I added him as a friend to see them. Rude, huh?
Now,,,I had a facebook account, but no photo, I had two friends, and I NEVER login.
Well, that has changed, as I now have 29+ friends!!! YEAH ME! My photo is a picture of the post-it-note mosaic my co-workers did for Boss's Day. I know what "wall-to-wall" means and what "tagged in a photo" means (although I still don't know how to do it). I will maintain that this will not become my obsession. The novelty is already wearing off. I don't update my status...mostly because employers can see that and be all "7 minutes ago, so-and-so wrote that they hated being at work." Yeah...that wouldn't fly with me.
So, now I blog AND have a facebook account. (Does it count as official "blogging" if I only do it bi-monthly?)

1 comment:

Trent said...

Its okay, I treat facebook the exact same way.